Tuesday, July 10, 2012

School update




Friday night we did an outdoor lesson. We played with sidewalk chalk as a family and worked on letters, shapes, colors, and numbers. I think everyone enjoyed this one!!

We took yesterday off since our new supplies was arriving tonight. I got three tot trays ready for tonight.



This is the first try I did. I ordered foam letter stickers. When I received them, they were much smaller than I thought. I decided to put them on construction paper and make letter "patches" instead. (This could easily be done with puff paint and I think I will in the future.) On another sheet of construction paper I wrote out the letters in the same colors. The object was to match the letters, work on what the letters were, and the colors. Sydney liked this tray, matched a few up, and new all the colors!



The second tray I put together was lacing. This one did not go over well, but we will keep trying.



The last tray was counting, sorting, and colors.



Sydney enjoyed the sorting and colors on this one. (super blurry pictures)





When we tried to count she started crying and saying "my toys". I am not sure who taught her this phrase but it will not stand in our house. I explained that we share our toys and she had to take a break several times. (Taking a break here is pretty much time out) I am hopeful that the phrase will pass and she will be my sweet sharing girl again soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Time to get back at it momma!! I need pictures of the NEWBIE!!! nominated you for a liebster hope ya dont mind xoxo http://learningingrace.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete