Friday, June 24, 2011

Insta-Friday

It's that time again. Upload your cell phone pics that show what you have been up to this week. Then head on over to Life Rearranged to link up.





This week there was only one baby shower. For this one I made Teddy bear cakes. Considering I am a finance person and not a baker, I am pretty happy with it. (which never happens)





Most people use sherbet in punch for showers. If your grandfather is a physicist you use ice cream. There was some technical reason about milk bases and reactions which I won't pretend I understood. I just know my Papa said (in much more scientific terms) if you use ice cream it will look like you want. He was right, and this is my new favorite go to for showers. It is also super yummy.





One of the few of Sydney's happy moments this week. I have new, mad respect for parents with fussy children who do not sleep much. I have been so spoiled for the last 17 months. As much as I hate saying "my baby" and "surgery" in the same sentence, I can't wait for the tubes to make her feel so much better.





Lastly, I am a dork...





A complete dork. Who now clips coupons, and then color codes a spreadsheet to find the lowest possible out of pocket cost for the amount and order of transactions. I am determined not to screw up this couponing thing again.





My best deal so far. I was so excited I took the picture in the car. I couldn't wait to get home. Then I proceeded to send it to my friend on the morning of her birthday. However, I was so excited at getting all of this for $4.64 that I forgot to wish her a happy birthday. I know, I know. Best friend EVER right here.

life rearranged

3 comments:

  1. great job on the cake and spreadsheet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I coupon, but not to the extreme of doing a spreadhseet...too much of a headache for me! If I can save a few bucks that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The spreadsheet turned out to be a waste of time. CVS didn't have the items in stock, or even seem to carry some of them in my store. At least I learned my lesson. :)

    ReplyDelete