Thursday, March 10, 2011

Girls' nights!

Steve (the wonderful husband) is broadcasting some of the high school state championship games this week. While he is away Sydney (the amazing daughter)and I have been taking full advantage of some girl time. This morning we even went out to breakfast. On a Thursday. Before work. I can't believe it myself but it was so great. I cannot think of a better way to start the day than sitting down and enjoying time with loved ones. Not to mention Sydney loved the pancakes, and we had leftovers so that took care of dinner. In the evenings we have been checking out the new episodes of the Fresh Beats, working on Your Baby Can Read, and making sure we laugh...a lot.

Tonight we did have to clean up the apartment and get ready for Steve's return. I was able to get the prep work done for tomorrow nights dinner. We will be having a variation of Pioneer Woman's white chicken enchiladas. If you are wondering "who is this Pioneer Woman?" you must google her. Even if you do not cook. She shows you step by step instructions for every detail. You can make them too.

Then the night got really interesting when we had some severe weather. Like break in to Nick Jr with a black screen and telling people in my town to seek shelter kind of severe. I grabbed a blanket, Sydney, and called my parents. We ended up waiting it out in the bathroom. Thankfully everything turned out fine. Needless to say after all of this, I am one worn out momma!

1 comment: